Salmon and Salad
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
• 300g pasta, fusilli or similar
• 2 large handfuls of very roughly chopped kale
• ¼ of a head of white cabbage, shredded
• 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
• 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced
• 3-4 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Boil the pasta in some well salted water. Once cooked through set it to one side and begin to fry the garlic in around 1 tbsp of the olive oil. This is best done in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
2. Making sure not to let the garlic burn add the cabbage and kale, toss for a few seconds and then add the pasta and the remaining olive oil. Continue to toss until well coated. Serve with a scattering of chilli and a little parmesan (if desired).
Raw Rainbow Wraps
(Always use organic ingredients when available.)
Large collard leaves
Red bell pepper, sliced
Yellow and green zucchini squash, julienned
Purple Cabbage, chopped
Mango Dipping Sauce:
1 Ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1 Carton cherry tomatoes, about 2 cups
1/2 red bell pepper
1 Handful of fresh cilantro
1. Slice, peel, julienne, and chop all of the wrap fillings.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove all or most of the collard green stems. This allows for more flexibility when it comes time to wrap.
3. Lay out the fillings across the collard leaf and roll it up as you tuck in the sides of the leaf.
4. For the dressing, place all of the “dressing” ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (or desired texture, if you prefer a chunkier sauce).